We understand and appreciate that you are concerned about privacy, particularly in relation to the use and disclosure of Personal Information. We are committed to providing a high level of privacy in relation to all Personal Information that is collected by us.
- suppliers or prospective suppliers; and
- independent contractors or any person who applies to become an employee or independent contractor;
- employees, except where the use or disclosure is directly related to the relationship between us as employer and you as the employee and relates to an “employee record” about you as a present or past employee.
- by providing us with your personal information in relation to a property or development, a complaint or for any other reason;
- by visiting our website or visiting a property display;
- by visiting any website or social media site established by us, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Linked In (“Social Media Sites”); and
- by participating in any activity on a Social Media Site including but not limited to entering competitions, subscribing to a newsletter, posting, pinning or uploading any material on any Social Media Site, following, liking and/or commenting on us or anything on any Social Media Site (“Social Media Activity”).
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information do we collect from you?
The type of Personal Information collected by us may differ, depending on whether you are or would like to become a customer, supplier, employee or independent contractor. Generally, the type of Personal Information collected by us includes your name, address, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
From time to time, photos may be taken and used for marketing and promotional purposes which may include images of developments, employees and/or customers, from which individuals may be able to be identified.
Via Social Media Sites, we may be able to obtain other information about you which may itself constitute Personal Information or which, when combined with other information, is capable of identifying you, including photos, videos and any other information that you include on our Social Media Sites or sites linked to our Social Media Sites (“Other Sites”). The level of information to which we have access may depend on your privacy settings on such Other Sites.
In some circumstances, you may deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, in most circumstances it is impracticable to do so because if you do not provide us with the Personal Information that we require or if you provide it in a way that does not identify you, we are likely to be unable to carry out the services requested by you.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- from you when you make a general or specific telephone or online enquiry including but not limited to when you enter a competition or lodge a complaint;
- from you when you provide us with such information to us via application forms, customer feedback forms, business cards, contracts or any other document provided by you to us;
- by including you in advertising and marketing images, where relevant;
- through analysis of the Social Media Sites conducted by us or by third parties on our behalf;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, recruitment agencies, insurers and insurance brokers, referees nominated by you, or your representatives;
Through our website we can obtain Personal Information if you send such information in an email or when you complete an online enquiry.
When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- your internet protocol address;
- the date and time of your visit to our site;
- the pages that you have accessed and the documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
This type of statistical information does not identify you.
Tracking technologies such as cookies may be used on our website to recognise a user’s browser each time that user visits our site and to track which pages the user visits whilst on our site and also to send Project Friday advertisements to your internet protocol address. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not personally identify the user. If you do not wish to receive any cookies you may set your browser to refuse them. However, your use of our website may be affected.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We will use your Personal Information for purposes that relate to the operation of our business and the provision of our services to you.
These purposes generally include:
- supplying our products and services to you;
- providing quality assurance for our products and services;
- responding to your enquiries and feedback regarding our business, our products and services;
- marketing including email marketing, promotional and educative activities;
- enforcing the terms and conditions of our engagement with you;
- for the management of our database; and
- ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.
In relation to the Personal Information of customers, the purposes include the general purposes mentioned above and also include verifying, notifying and/or responding to you in relation to any enquiries, complaints, or if you win a competition.
We may from time to time, communicate with you directly to promote our products or services. On each communication, we will advise how you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving such communications. You may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us and we will comply with that request.
How is your Personal Information disclosed by Project Friday?
We do not and will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any other company or organisation, without your prior consent, where that consent is required by law.
You do, however, consent to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to the general public, for example, via internet when notifying of competition results or via media when photographs or video are used in advertising material or campaigns;
Disclosure of your Personal Information via Social Media Sites
By engaging in any Social Media Activity on our Social Media Sites, you agree to and are subject to the terms and conditions of such Social Media Sites. Any Personal Information pinned or posted or uploaded by you onto Social Media Sites can be disclosed in accordance with the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such Social Media Sites.
Generally, photos and other material pinned or posted to Social Media Sites will be able to be viewed by the general public. Such photos and other material may be re-pinned and re-posted by others indefinitely and will be visible by anyone visiting the locations to which the photos or other material have been re-pinned. You may be able to remove the photos or other material that you have pinned or posted from the location at which you pinned or posted it. However, any material that has been re-pinned will be out of our control and neither you nor we will be able to remove it from any re-pinned location. We are not responsible for any material that has been re-pinned or re-posted.
We reserve the right to remove any photos, comments or other material that is in any way inappropriate or offensive (in our opinion) from our Social Media Sites.
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable steps to protect this Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including:
- taking measures to restrict access to personnel who need that information in order for us to be able to provide our products and services; and
- technological measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up, anti-virus software and firewalls.
Please note that our website does not provide systems for secure transmission of Personal Information across the internet, except where otherwise indicated. When emailing or providing Personal Information to us via our website, please be aware that there are risks involved in transmitting Personal Information via the internet. Our website may contain links to other websites. We have no control over the privacy practices employed at other websites and we accept no responsibility for Personal Information provided via unsecured websites.
We cannot provide a guarantee with respect to the security of your Personal Information and we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the website being linked to the internet.
How to unsubscribe from our direct marketing
In each email or piece of marketing material that you receive from us, we will endeavour to attach simple instructions on how you can immediately unsubscribe from our mailing list. In any event, you can opt out from receiving promotional material by emailing our Privacy Officer and asking to be removed from the mailing list.
Project Friday require the personal information requested in its Talk to us Form, including name or pseudonym, email address and phone numbers, in order to contact you. If relevant for entry to a competition, you may be asked for additional information which may include images or video.
If you believe that we have not complied with our obligations pursuant to the Act, or have a complaint about the use or disclosure of your Personal Information by us, please contact our Directors via the contact details housed on the website www.projectfriday.com.au. We will discuss your concerns with you and take action as necessary to address such concerns which may include contacting us to take the matter further.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, the length of time will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.
If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible.
Some of the things that we may decide to do include:
- take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised;
- provide you with you additional information or advice so that you can understand what happened and how we have dealt with it;
- take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.
It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. In that case, you might want to escalate the matter to the Privacy Commissioner via an online privacy complaint form which can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.